Your Success is Our Business!
Ward Law, LLCWard Law, LLC Contact: John McAvoy
Conveniently headquartered above Philadelphia’s Suburban Station, Ward Law is a brand-new law firm comprised of seasoned litigators with proven records of success. Collectively, Ward Law’s attorneys have over 120 years’ experience representing individuals and businesses in administrative, state, and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Florida.
John McAvoy is a proud resident of Pilesgrove, Salem County and a business and employment attorney with Ward Law. In this capacity, John provides small to mid-sized businesses throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey with top-notch legal services at affordable rates. Like the other results-oriented attorneys from Ward Law, John prides himself on providing clear communications, superior value, and straightforWard legal advice to help his clients manage risks, minimize costs, and achieve results quickly and efficiently. John works hand-in-hand with his clients to understand the nuances of their business as well as to distill complex matters and, through zealous advocacy, secure speedy and favorable resolutions so his clients can refocus their time and energy on business operations. Because John strives to develop relationships with each of his clients and to learn about their businesses, he is able to focus on remedying the immediate problem while protecting his clients’ long-term business interests.
John assists his clients across a broad spectrum of business-related legal matters. The services John’s clients most frequently request are:
- Contracts. drafting, reviewing and negotiating business agreements of all shapes and sizes, including employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and separation agreement.
- Employment Counseling. navigating complex employment disputes in the wake of the #metoo and #timesup movements, drafting and updating of company policies and employee handbooks to ensure compliance with the rapidly changing requirements of state and federal employment law, and offers advice on other best policies and practices.
- Business Formations. organizing corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), and other small business entities.
- Corporate Governance & Franchises. assisting franchisees with corporate, federal and state policy implementation and legal compliance.
- Business Acquisitions & Succession Planning. sales, purchases and transfers of existing businesses and professional practices.
- Commercial Real Estate. leases of office and retail space, construction disputes, and other property-related issues/transactions.
- Estate Planning. simple estate planning for business owners, designed to ensure that family-owned and operated businesses continue to grow and flourish for generations.
In addition to the legal services referenced above, John possesses advanced knowledge and unique experience, having managed countless cases throughout his career involving highly specialized areas of the law. He frequently serves in a general counsel capacity by advising/counseling companies and their principals in all matters of commercial litigation and business law. Put differently, John serves as a one-stop-shop for his clients and is always available to help his clients with any and all legal matters/issues if/when they arise.
When John isn’t serving and/or advocating for his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife (Erica), two-year-old daughter (Mae), and German Shorthaired Pointer (Willow), especially Saturday nights at the Cowtown Rodeo, and exploring the other local treasures of beautiful Salem County.
John joined The Salem County Chamber of Commerce to network with the hardworking and successful people that made Salem County what it is today and in hopes of using his skillset and expertise to better the community he is lucky enough to call home.