Your Success is Our Business!
Pennsville Public LibraryPennsville Public Library Contact: Christine Hoehn
Days/Hours: Monday – Tuesday – Thursday 10am – 7 pm
Friday 10 am – 4 pm
Saturday 10am – 2 pm
Closed Wednesday & Sunday
Library Card Information
New Pennville Resident Cards – $5.00
Replacement Cards – $3.00
Non-Pennsville Resident cards – $20.00 (within Salem Country)
Non-Resident cards- $50.00 (outside Salem County)
Current NJ driver’s license or NJ state ID with street address required. No PO Boxes.
Annual Renewal Fee:
$2.00 for Adults, $1.00 for children: ID required
- The Circulation Desk and Public Computers close ten minutes before the library closes.
- Patron may not lend their Pennsville Public Library card to non-members.
- Parents may use a minor’s card to borrow material.
- Lost cards require current ID and $3 to replace.
- Patron card holders must present current library card to borrow and renew items or to register for internet. Staff can not search database, and if you do not have your card for internet, you must be charged $2.00 as per the Internet Registration policy.
- Children 7 and under must remain with an adult or caregiver (14 and over).
For the first two weeks, patrons may borrow two books (print or CD/cassette books). After two weeks, privileges will include up to 50 items in combinations as stated below:
|Fiction, reg.||2 weeks/2 renewals||No limit|
|Non-fiction, reg.||2 weeks/2 renewals||5 subject per household|
|New books||2 weeks/no renewals||5 books per card|
|Series (YA/Juv.)||2 weeks/2 renewals||5 per same series|
|Magazines||1 week/no renewal||10 per card|
|Playaways/Audiobooks||2 weeks/2 renewals||4 per card|
|DVD** and/or VHS||1 week/no renewal or transfer*||4 per household|
|Music CDs||1 week/no renewal||4 per card|
|ILL / Holds Books||2 weeks/1 renewal***||5 ILLs per card inc. media|
|ILL DVDs/CDs||1 week/no renewal||5 ILLs per card inc. books|
|Kinderkits||30 days/no renewal or transfer*||1 per card (age 18 & up)|
* Transfer = using card in same household to re-check an item
** DVDs = R-rated DVDs may be borrowed by patrons 16 and older only
*** ILL renewals are at the discretion of the lending libraries. Some do not allow renewals.